Excuses for Going to Work Late

We all know the feeling when the alarm goes off at 6 in the morning, you just want to throw it against the wall. That might work for the lucky few who have lenient bosses, but for the rest of us, that means we better come up with some damn good excuses for being late. again.

Here are 10 real-life excuses we found that should NEVER be used:

1. While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.
2. Someone stole all my daffodils.
3. I had to go audition for American Idol.
4. My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn't drive to work.
5. My route to work was shut down by a presidential motorcade.
6. I have transient amnesia and couldn't remember my job.
7. I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
8. The line was too long at Starbucks.
9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
10.I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawnshops were closed.


I was pretty lucky this morning and made it to work on time because i cured my transient amenesia last week and since the police didn't take away my gun, i used it to cut down the long line at Starbucks. What can I say? I'm a lucky guy!

No comments: